Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Food Shopping with the Band!!!!

Now I have been living independently for about 7 years.  Never, in my 7 years of household food shopping, have I ever had to make a list of things to buy.  However, this past month has been a crazy one! I ran out of shakes and have been dependent on meats for the bulk of my protein.  I have been winging it for the whole month because I underestimated the regimen that I need to follow.  By that, I mean I figured I could still shop the same but just cut back on my intake.  I was wrong! My biggest fear is not knowing what to buy! Just sheer ignorance! 

So for the first time i'm going to sit and make a grocery list.  For at least 2 weeks but i'm aiming for the month!  What are some of your favorite post op options from the supermarket?  I would love to get some of your ideas!  I will be shopping this weekend, so....... WIsh Me Luck! 

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow, that's pretty good to go all that time without making lists. I am a total list dork, I love making them! :)

~Lisa~ said...

Oh... Like Andrea, I'm a complete list addict! But, I tend to stick to things that I know work with my band (eggs, cottage cheese, soups..) With one or two "experiments" to try out during the week. I tend to only shop one week at a time too. The Hubs does the meat shopping at the butcher, so that helps with the "experiments"..

vickyd said...

Eggs, string cheese, babybel light cheese, laughing cow, canned tuna, turkey meatballs, chicken breasts (if you don't cook, you can buy a rotisserie chicken and portion it out), deli meat (great rolled up with laughing cow), beef jerkey, chicken sausages, oatmeal...that's off the top of my head...

NIKIA said...

I am completely a walk every aisle, look for sales, and fulfill recent cravings, type of shopper. I will get about 2 weeks worth of food and pick up here and there if I need a missing ingredient. I'm excited about this whole list thing.

Vicky, I see you like cheese. I would love to try the laughing cow. I have never heard of chicken sausage but I'll look out for that. Just about everything else is a typical item for me. Thanks for your ideas.

Dawnya said...

My go to food are cheese cubes, fish, chicken, turkey sausage, meatballs and shirmp.

I think you should get the majority of your protein from your food not your drinks. You might find you like food better. LOL

Try new recipies. That is a lot of fun for me...or even lighten up some of your all time favorites.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.